Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, July 1, 2019

Finding Ebisu in Zoshigaya

I did not plan where I was going. I just was trying to see how far I could walk. I did get a little lucky.

Seeing this torii with the shimenawa hanging from it, I had to take a look at this shrine.


That has a komainu with a horn on it's head.

And another with a frog at it's feet. Frogs are actually important in Tokyo because of the threat of fire. Historically they have been worshiped because of their connection with water.

And a tree with o-mikuji tied to it. I wonder if some were tied before the leaves grew this year?

And a big red bag. This shrine is for another of the Seven Lucky Gods. It is the Otori Shrine.

And the Lucky God worshiped here is Ebisu, god of wealth, prosperity and plentitude, along with fishermen.

There is also an Inari shrine here.

It is Misugi Inari Shrine and it looked a little neglected compared to Ebisu's shrines.


The cages were meant to protect the kitsune statues but they looked a little beat up.

Nice shaded place to be on this hot day.

One last look at Ebisu.

That's the Arakawa line out there, Tokyo's only street car.

Two more komainu at Otori Shrine. Is it ready to pounce?

More unusual komainu, with it's tongue sticking out.

So that was another Lucky God that I found in Ikebukuro.

No comments:

Post a Comment