Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Fujisawa and Beyond

There was a place I had wanted to visit for a long time. For this trip, with the warm weather, it would be an ideal place. And there was a day when I really wanted distraction, to go somewhere away from metropolitan Tokyo. So I got on the Shonan-Shinjuku train at Ikebukuro Station and took it all the way to Fujisawa.

It took me a little bit of searching to find the station for the Enoden Line. Thanks to free store wi-fi I was able to use Google maps and also see some positive information online. The station wasn't far from Fujiwara Station, I had just gone in the wrong direction.


Just a few photos from inside the station with the crowded Enoshima Electric Railway train.

Along with a look at the driver's compartment of the Enoden electric train.

I was tempted by the hydrangea Kamakura signage. But my plan for this day was elsewhere.


So I got off the train at Enoshima Station. I was finally going to Enoshima, that little island not far from Tokyo.

After a long hot walk through the city, I finally reached the 600 meter bridge. This is all still the city of Fujisawa, including the island.

The bridge is called Enoshima Bentenbashi and the land end of it is flanked by these two white stone lanterns. Wrapped in dragons that signify the mythology of the island. The lanterns were placed here in 2001.

Even though it was warm, the weather was lovely. Really nice to be by the ocean with mostly clear skies. 




As I got closer to the island, more features became clearer. Like the well known Sea Candle, an observation tower and lighthouse. Which is just one of many things a person can see on Enoshima, so I will have more from the island in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment