Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Sunday, July 21, 2019

A Very Long Day

Last day of this trip. Waiting to take the N'EX train to Narita International Airport. Getting a little caffeine before the long journey begins. One thing I discovered this trip, there are a few decent cans of coffee in Japan. I don't remember if this was one of them. It was a long day.

On my way to Narita I continued my little tradition. Kirin's Salty Litchi. I found that this is actually really good when it is hot out, possibly because it helps replace salts in the body? Also the melon pan from Boulangerie Asanoya is really good. 

I caught sight of the gnome again! Some day I will have to go see him.

And of course, Sky Tree.

Crossing the Naka River, which runs next to the Arakawa river in this area. That may be the Katsushika Harp Bridge in the distance.

Finally another day of lovely weather, and I had to leave. I really wanted to stay longer. This, I need to do. Some day.

All I can say about my flight back to Canada was it was not good. I was feeling fine but unable to sleep thanks to other passengers. Some who even upset the flight attendants. I do have this photo of how I was able to get my Moi-même-Moitié obi back without it being crushed in a suitcase. It is nicely made and I love the color.

A couple hours in Vancouver International Airport. I got something to eat and drink at Vino Volo. Both were delicious, but the wine only increased my sleepiness. 

But I survived it all. Waiting for the small plane to take us back to Oregon. One of these days I will spend more time in Vancouver. Those mountains look enticing.

Those mountains from the air. From what I can find online, this is the North Shore Mountain Range.

A look heading over the islands off of Washington State.

Mount Baker in Canada, seen from the air over Washington, United States. Impressive.

Heading down the Puget Sound.

Below is Seattle.

Washington State and Canada in the distance.

Passing by Mount Rainier.

Another wonderful view of Mount St. Helens.

Mount St. Helens and Mount Adams. This is why I get a window seat on this side of the airplane.

And finally Oregon's Mount Hood. I need to go visit it this summer.

Reaching the Columbia River with Mount Rainier and Mount St. Helens on the horizon. On our way to safely land at Portland International Airport. And the end of this trip, all done in one very long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment