Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Arriving at Enoshima

Reaching Enoshima island I reached Nakamise Street where there were a lot of shops and restaurants.

This torii is made of bronze. The original one was built in 1747 and replaced in 1821. It is the first torii for Enoshima Daimyojin which is Enoshima Jinja or Enoshima Shrine.


The further I walked, the more the buildings went from concrete to more traditional Japanese architecture.

I was definitely thinking of lunch. And one of the foods that Enoshima is known for is shirashu, tiny whitebait fish. Plenty of places on the island serve it in various types of dishes. 

I'm not sure if the Hello Kitty restaurant serves it.

Because I stopped at a nearby small restaurant. Enoshima Harumi Shokudo.

My choice was the Enoshima Rice Bow. Local turban shellfish and shirasu, cooked with egg and dashi over rice. Also included were miso soup and tsukemono pickles.

It was a little heavy but I was able to finish it. I enjoyed eating something special for the location.

Back on the main walkway I headed uphill. Because basically Enoshima is that, hills.



Till I reached the large vermilion torii that signifies entering the area of the shrines.

I mentioned that Enoshima is hills. With lots of stairs. Many stairs. But there is an alternative. And because of the heat and because I wanted to see as much of the island as I could, I went to the building on the right.

I took the escalator. Even if a person decides to use the escalators on the island, there are still many stairs and also the fact that the only way back down is walking down stairs. For me, I just wanted to make sure I would be able to walk as much as possible. Anything that helps out, I will take advantage of. So escalators it was that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment