Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

One Last Lucky God

A few more photos from my walk through Zoshigaya that day. The Tokyo College of Music.


I am not sure if this is a koban, police box. It's located by Kishimon-do Shrine. I did stop there but since I posted photos of it before, I won't repeat that. Turns out there is one or two Lucky Gods enshrined there. I couldn't find clear information, but Kisshoten and Daikokuten are said to have shrines there. Daikokuten is also found at at least one other shrine in Zoshigaya.

I ended up reaching the edge of Zoshigaya Cemetery. Where there are more shrines.

Since I could not find a name in English, I will go with a translation, Shiratori Inari Daimyojin. I did not see any kitsune at this Inari shrine.

The last place I reached. This is Mitakesan Seiryu-in Buddhist Temple. Where the Lucky God Bishamonten, god of warriors and punisher of evil doers, is enshrined. At this point I was too tired to go up those steps. I had a long walk back to my hotel still to complete.

A few statues, maybe Jizo, and shrines at Mitakesan Seiryu-in. 


A tempting walk way but I had reached the furthest I would go this day.

Heading back towards Ikebukuro Station through the lane of sakura trees. Maybe one day I will see them in bloom. Maybe one day I will also find the one or two Lucky Gods I missed here in Zoshigaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment