Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

A Day When Nothing Extraordinary Happened

There was a day when the weather was very hot and humid. Not feeling 100% I decided to just stay in Ikebukuro and do a little shopping.

Pretty much this post is just to document I did go to MOS Burger near Sunshine Dori and ate a shrimp burger and their delicious onion rings with an ice tea.

Ikebukuro proof is the owls.

While not all bought on this day, I did stop in at Tomads which had the Herb time bath salts. The lavender and eucalyptus one is really nice. The others I bought at Tokyu Hands in Ikebukuro.

The other good place to shop this trip was Uniqlo because they had nice long t-shirts and t-shirt dresses in solid colors.

Since this post is so short, I'll share a few food items. Of course I visited Midori Sushi in Ikebukuro Station.

Really good chirashi. Midori Sushi has delicious ikura.


Caesar salad from 7-Eleven! Yes I was surprised that they have expanded their salad selection. Probably the nicest caesar salad I've had in Japan with romaine lettuce and I could taste garlic in the dressing.

Something I received when I was shopping at SEIBU's food hall. I had to wait till I got home to try this dip style Nescafé coffee. Now I want more. Why can't we buy it here?

I'm not sure what day I received my Moi-même-Moitié order. There is a bit of a story to this. Part of this order was for items I bought back in April. But the US Post Office failed to deliver them to me, instead sending them back to Japan. There was no reason for them doing that, my address was correct. They still have not responded to my request to be reimbursed for the shipping.

By the time the items made it back to Japan, I had made a second order of the yukata and accessories. So Wunderwelt and Moi-même-Moitié were really great in combining both orders and sending me everything to my hotel in Tokyo. I am very grateful they did this.

As for the yukata, obi, lace tabi socks and obi bands? They are all very pretty. The tabi socks are very soft and I'm so happy to have the candelstick lace bands.

My first order was to replace my lost Jewelry Roses print fan. Sadly they no longer have these, so I went with the Cross fan.

One other item I received with my yukata order was the Pass Case with Strap. This was so helpful! Unless a person has actually been in Ikebukuro Station, you don't know how chaotic it is. Having my train pass right there and not having to worry about dropping it was a big help.

Like my last trip, there was an evening run to Closet Child in Harajuku. This little Moi-même-Moitié gargoyle had been there for some time so I decided to give it a new home. It was also my dinner companion one evening during my trip.

The real reason for the run was this. A vintage Moi-même-Moitié Coffin Blue Ring. Something I had wanted for a long time but was unsure because I wanted one that would fit my finger. So it was really nice to be able to try it on before buying. And yes, it does fit perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment