Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Rainy Day Unagi

Japan finally entered the rainy season during my trip. This day there was almost constant rain. So I decided to spend some time in Ikebukuro Station and the many stores that are part of it. After spending a bit of time in Tobu Department Store trying to find a specific item, I headed to their restaurant floors. On the way I saw an image of a dish that decided for me what I wanted to eat.

After a little searching I found it. At mi*kyukawa.

An unagi restaurant. Inside the decor was modern and there were a few people dining.

The service was very nice there. My wait person even made sure to show me the sansho container.

So what did I order? One of their set meals. It's always fun to receive the food in covered containers. You get the enjoyment of the reveal.

Some tsukemono pickles.

Nice light miso soup. The dashi had the flavor of niboshi.

And the reveal! My unagi don. Very good.

Sansho? Yes please. This was a very nice meal, just right for a rainy day.

So what was I searching for? A new watch. I saw that there was a Swatch booth at Tobu. However Tobu isn't a simple store to find things in. There are various sections and levels, even different buildings. But I did find the Swatch counter and the lady there was extremely helpful. And this is my new watch. It has been a few years since I bought a new watch and I really like this one. So even with the rain, good things did happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment