Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Saturday, July 20, 2019

A Stormy Night at the Vampire Cafe

My last full day in Tokyo and it was...raining.

I still got out and about. Places I'd been to before so not going to repeat photos, and secret places. Of course one does need to get photos of hydrangea in the rain.

This was an interesting trip. One day I went for a very long walk in the hot sun to a place I had never been to before. But I don't really have photos to share. It was difficult but it was something I wanted to do.

Since it was my last night there, I wanted to celebrate. A return to Vampire Cafe in Ginza. Where I was the only diner at that time. How many people can say they have had the Vampire Cafe all to themselves?

I braved a tempest to get here. Because it was my last chance to try the May-June Moi-même-Moitié special menu. 

I decided this time to try both drinks. The left is the non-alcoholic "アラルめいかいへしずみこうさくするへきるりのとき". Seems I was not the only one who had difficulty figuring out these names. There are references to Ramsses and Day of the Dead with this menu. Perhaps a nod to Babylonian demons by Mana, the creator of these drinks? 

The cute little appetizer that comes with drinks. At the Vampire Cafe it is required to order at least one drink. I've enjoyed all of the ones I have had there, so it's not a problem for me. 

The blue rose on top is gelatin. It is pretty. The drink was citrus juice with blue curacao syrup. I do think I tasted pineapple juice in there. It was nice.

However I really liked "ラマスさのいけにえとこんせいへんいするびょうぼうのとき
アルコール". It was a gin mojito styled cocktail with blue curacao, lemon and mint.

I can say these drinks are not that strong, perhaps because there is a lot of ice in them, along with the light. It does look pretty before and after pouring in the blue curacao.

I really liked this. I will admit to enjoying two of them with my meal, since I knew I would not be able to have it again.

As for my meal, I ordered the flaming grilled risotto. I can say that no evil Babylonian spirits or the King of Darkness appeared.

I wish I could have taken a better photo. But it's really dark inside the dining booths. I am glad you can see the Moi-même-Moitié candelabra logo, created with cheese. Along with the risotto. Made with pork bacon, walnuts and gorgonzola cheese, it was nicely done. The rice held up well, the cheese was not too strong, and I liked the bits of crispiness created by the grilling.

No cake for me this time. I enjoyed my meal and drinks. It was a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment