Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

The Long Walk Back from Enoshima


It had been a long day and I was ready to head back to Tokyo. But first, stairs.


Walking back I had a good view of the Sea Candle and the large birds, kites, that flew over the island. 


And I had a good look at one of the kites. Or it had a good look at me. These black kites are birds of prey and there are warnings about them, especially if you are carrying food.




I walked back to the outer area and below it. I had hoped to cross down using this red bridge on the Onnazaka path but I missed where it was.

   The third way down is the Otokozaka, these stairs leading up under the Zuishin-mon, a gate that leads to the outer area shrines. I had passed on going this way, in part because they were clearing working on the scaffold covered gate. But I decided to climb up just to see what I had missed.

With most of the tourists gone, it was much easier to see this newer carving of Benzaiten and Gozuryu.

Along with the two paintings of komainu that decorate the walls of the gate.




Back down on Nakamise street I see this shrine.

I may have missed it because of the crowds earlier.

I don't have any information about it, but it does look older as does this worn komainu with one ear up and one down.



One last image of Gozuryu.

The base of one of the pillars of the bronze torii, with relief images of waves.

Sea Candle doing it's lighthouse duties.

And a setting sun as I begin the long walk back to Fujisawa over the Enoshima Bentanbashi.

Wait, I see something.

One of the amazing things Enoshima is known for is the view of Mount Fuji.

It was wonderful to see everyone really enjoying this view.



I feel honored to see this silhouette as the sun set.


No comments:

Post a Comment