Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, July 8, 2019

A Meal with Moomins

The station I arrived at to walk to Koishikawa Korakuen was Korakuen Station. Which is the station for the amusements and more at Tokyo Dome City.

Along with a lot of stores including a market which had melons from Ibaraki.

And lovely flowers for sale.

Since it was dinner time, I decided to see what would look good to eat at the many restaurants there. I wanted to eat something that wasn't Japanese. I saw this and knew this might be just what I was looking for.

I will say there are a few Moomins in the Moomin Bakery and Cafe. Of course.


Cute decor but did they have food worthy of these Finnish cultural icons?

I was surprised at all the items on the menu. From cute sweet drinks to fun desserts including Moomin pancakes, there was a lot to chose from. The emphasis on Finnish food was nice.

I passed on the sweet and went with a Lapin Kulta beer.

Along with the chef's choice fish plate.

Which had a great variety of items on it, including battered crab claw and various Finnish spreds on the bread. This was really good!

The other part of the location is their bakery.

Which has a nice homey feel to it's decor.

I just had to get a couple pastries. Like this fruit filled Hattifattener.

And this cream filled Moomintroll.

I have to admit, I was a little surprised at the quality of the food at the Moomin Bakery and Cafe. Theme restaurants tend to focus on the fun part of making dishes that fit the venue. I would recommend this place not just as a theme restaurant but for anyone wanting to try Finnish food. It was an enjoyable meal at the end of a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment