Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Sunday, June 30, 2019

About Those Seven Lucky Gods

While a lot of Ikebukuro is concrete and glass, a few interesting details can be found.

Like these flowers which have a molded metallic appearance. I think they are peonies.

And of course the Rougan-Megane Museum, which always is a good thing to see as I was headed back to the Zoshigaya area.

However, I noticed something I had not seen previously. A hokora for a lucky god?

In fact, it is Hotei of the Seven Lucky Gods, god of happiness and contentment. He is located at the Nakano Building in Zoshigaya.

Heading towards the shrine area, I saw that hydrangea were starting to bloom.

Also saw there were a number of notices about not playing Pokemon Go here. Later in the day when I came back this way, there was a group of various people standing around staring at their phones. It was a little strange to see since there are usually very few people in this area.

I'm skipping places I stopped at before, but I have to say, it was much lusher and greener here in this part of Zoshigaya than it was back in March.

I may have noticed this roof previously.


But I had not stopped here before.


This is Renkoin Buddhist Temple, part of the Nichiren sect.

It was a quiet small place.

No comments:

Post a Comment