Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Oh Canada

I decided to try Air Canada again as a way to get to Japan. So near the end of May I found myself back in Vancouver International Airport. I almost didn't make it, since my alarm did not go off that morning. I had to skip taking the train and instead drove very fast to Portland International Airport. I would have preferred not to pay the parking fees, but the alternative would have been much more expensive. Thankfully it was Memorial Day, a US holiday, so traffic was light and I made it to the airport in about 20 minutes.

Since it was cloudy out, there wasn't much to see on the flight into Canada. However at the airport there were these outfits. Unfortunately I did not see any information as to why these vintage styled outfits were made. They definitely did dress up the area. 

 The view was a little better heading out of Canada. Sadly it's not easy to get decent photos on commercial planes but trust me, the mountains and rivers below were gorgeous.

The meals at the back of the plane are often not the greatest. However this Caesar Chicken with vegetables was pretty good. I also had a really nice seatmate for this flight. Older man who was born in Japan but lived most of his life in America, served in the military and all. Interesting conversations with him helped make the trip feel a little shorter. 

Finally into Narita International Airport, through immigration and all and down to wait for the NEX train to Ikebukuro. The price has gone up for their tickets, but after that long flight, I really don't want to have to think too much, figuring out what stations to transfer at and dealing with luggage. So NEX it was and everything went smoothly and walking out of Ikebukuro Station I felt like I was back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment