Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, June 21, 2019

Finding Solitude in Harajuku

My first day in Tokyo in May, I wanted to get something before I forgot about it. So I headed to Shinjuku and ESP Craft House. I have taken so many photos of Shibuya, and since nothing has changed since the last time, I forego taking any more. If you are curious about ESP, here is a post about it  http://blukats.blogspot.com/2016/09/finding-esp-in-shibuya.html

As for what I wanted, tear drop pick holders to replace the regular holders. I can report that they are using one of Mana's picks for the display of the new tear drop pick holder. They do look better and it seems I bought one more than I needed. As for the blue roses, I found that at Kyu Furukawa Gardens a day or two later.

My next stop after Shibuya was Harajuku and Closet Child. Nothing changed with Takeshita Dori. Still packed with tourists. As for me, I never stay on it. Once again I wandered down the tiny alleys that surround Takeshita Dori. Less crowded and much prettier with interesting bits of architecture and green trees. 

Where I found a sweet place for tea. And cake. Very pretty surroundings.

I was trying to eat sensibly, but it was Közi's birthday and this fruit roll cake with strawberry jam was really delicious. 

The tea was butterfly pea flower. I remember when I learned about butterfly pea flower, it was at that amazing meal where Chef Gregory Gourdet used it to create a beautiful blue sauce. The flavor in tea is very delicate and nice. 

It's also magical. If you put lemon in it, the color changes. 

Next will be more of what can be found just beyond crowded Takeshita Dori. I found a shrine and a lovely koi pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment