Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Saturday, June 15, 2019

The Ride to Narita and Ippudo Ramen

Passing by Shinjuku again on the NEX train to Narita.

And by Shinjuku's Time Square.

I finally got an okay photo of the Osaki gnome.

Tea time on the train. I think I'm hooked on Kirin's Salty Lychee drink. It's really good when it is hot out. I also tried 7-Eleven's Matcha White Choco cookie. It does look like the photo on the package and tastes like matcha green tea.

As the train heads out of Tokyo Prefecture, there were glimpses of Sky Tree.


And headed towards Narita the landscape turns to farms.

A little green beginning to show back in March. By June, everything was green. A bit of blurriness due to the speed of the train, sorry about that.


And into Narita International Airport with a little time and feeling a bit hungry, I decided to check out a well known place.

Since airline food is hit or miss, I end up not eating so much while flying. So I opted to get a bowl of the Shiromaru Classic ramen at Ippudo Ramen.

Nice soft boiled egg. As for the ramen, I wasn't feeling it. I don't know if it was because there were a lot of loud people in the place, or if it was a bit heavy. It was a decent bowl but it was kind of underwhelming in flavor.

Ippudo is in a lot of places now, so it's easy to check it out while staying in Tokyo. Now I can say I did just that.

I also was tempted by cookie samples at a shop by there. And ended up bringing home a box of Sagu Langue de Chat in their sakura flavor. Ishiya Ginza is actually in Hokkaido, with a couple shops in the Tokyo area.

These light cookies were really nice. After my long flight back to Oregon on Delta Airlines, it was a nice treat to enjoy with green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment