Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Over to Waikiki

Day four in Hawaii found me walking over to Waikiki. Day three had been filled with Moi-même-Moitié and Mana events, and day four was the Kawaii Kon Tea Party. Here are the links to my posts about those events.

Day Three Moi-même-Moitié Fashion Show http://blukats.blogspot.com/2019/04/2019-moi-meme-moitie-kawaii-kon-fashion.html

Day Three Mana Question and Answer Panel http://blukats.blogspot.com/2019/04/2019-mana-questions-and-answers-at.html

Day Four Moi-même-Moitié Tea Party and Mana Autograph Signing http://blukats.blogspot.com/2019/04/2019-moi-meme-moitie-tea-party-with.html

The day was ending with a rather dramatic sky. 

I decided I wanted to eat a really good meal to end my trip. Since the hotel was not far from Waikiki and there were a number of restaurants there, I decided to head that way in hopes of something good. 

Of course Waikiki is land of hotels. 

With interesting Hawaiian style details. 

I was starting to feel like I was in a Hawaiian version of Disneyland. 

As the sun was setting I could see the beaches of various hotels. 



Something that was mentioned during the question and answer session was pizza flavored ice cream. Since Lappert'S was within walking distance, why not? It's interesting that there is a Round Table Pizza restaurant right next door. 

I am sorry to report there was no pizza ice cream that night. 

I did enjoy their Kona Lava Java. I figured at least it's Hawaiian inspired.

Back to walking around to see the sights around the hotels.

Like this semi-gothic chapel with waterfall. 

I finally made it to Waikiki Beach where the afterglow of sunset made a beautiful sky. 

I spent a bit of time walking along the water's edge while waiting for my turn at a table for dinner.

  My choice was Tropics. My hope was because it was part of the hotels that the food would be good.

A bit noisy inside but I did my best to enjoy myself. Started with a Blue Ocean, an upscaled version of a Blue Hawaii. Local vodka, rum, blue curacao, and fresh local pineapple juice. This was delicious and strong.

I ended up ordering their Roasted Kona Kampachi. Great choice! Tender and sweet kampachi fish on top of rice, covered with local garlic greens, carrots, green onions, ginger and cilantro. It was dressed with hot sesame oil and yuzu-dashi-soy sauce. I love dishes like this where each bite can bring a different flavor. Finally a dish that was worth the money.

One last look at Waikiki. After my dinner I walked back to the hotel. I was still searching for my Moi-même-Moitié Jewelry and Roses fan that had gone missing. Sadly it was never found even though I contacted all the places I had been at that day. I do hope one day Moi-même-Moitié will re-issue the fans, since I have not see any come up for sale on the second-hand selling sites. So I unpacked everything looking for it, and then started packing for the trip home.

No comments:

Post a Comment