Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Visiting Hiratsuka-jinja Again

After Kyu Furukawa, I headed back to the train station. But I did take a few photos along the way. 

And I decided my path to the station would include seeing Hiratsuka-jinja again. Here is my previous blog post about this shrine. 

I paused at the old Inari Shrine. I still do not know how old these kitsune are, but since the main shrine was established in the Heian period and parts escaped damage in WWII, they have been around for a while. Of course they could have also suffered damage in an earthquake or two. It happens. 



Since I had more knowledge about the place since my last visit, I thought I would see if there was more I could view. I attempted to take a photo of the area behind the Haiden, since this is the area where the armor of the three Genji Brothers was buried back in the day. The mound that isn't really a mound. It is pretty much impossible to view anything back there.

Although you can view the great carvings on the outer Haiden. 

Komainu guarding the god Hachiman, god of archery and war. 

I think this pair is still my favorite of all the komainu I have seen. 

This is actually a lot of bell or suzu pulls for a shrine of this size. The place does get it's share of worshipers. 

A covered hallway or wall connects the Haiden to the Kagura-den building. 

And behind it all is the Honden. I do not know if this is for Hachiman or if it the shrine for the Genji Brothers armor. It is all still a little mysterious.

No comments:

Post a Comment