Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, January 6, 2020

The Blue Cave

I forgot to post the illuminations I went to after my visit to Kyu-Furukawa. So let me skip back in time to the Blue Cave.

 In Shibuya, in part of Yoyogi Park that is by the Yoyogi National Stadium, there is a row of zelkova trees. In recent years, they have placed thousands of blue lights on the trees at the end of the year. And it really is blue. The first photograph is a little deceptive thanks to that camera. 

Luckily I brought two different cameras with me. One photographs better in the day, the other at night. 

As for the Blue Cave, it is blue, although the trees made it feel more like a tunnel than a cave. And as you can see, it is a very popular illumination for people to see. 




The feeling of blueness is helped out by a very long piece of reflective blue Mylar that runs the length of the walkway through the trees.


As for why I was over in that area, part of it was to see the Blue Cave, and part was to stop by Closet Child Harajuku. Where I found a pair of lace gloves and this. A Moi-même-Moitié Belted Overskirt at a really great price. I think in part because it is very long. But it is a fine length for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment