Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, January 13, 2020

Koé Green, La Vita and Illuminations

With the sun going down and after that long walk through Todoroki Valley, it was time to think about dinner. So I took a short ride from Todoroki Station to Jiyugaoka Station to check out a restaurant I had noted in my online research. Where I ended up is part of the Shibuya koé hotel group. Located at the koé house store in Jiyugaoka is koé green.

There was definitely a Scandinavian vibe to koé house. The restaurant was in the first floor of the store with tables that were placed around the center stairs. Ordering is done at the counter and then you pick where you want to sit. I passed on the pasta gratin selections and went with their green's deli plate.

This came with a battered fish that I think was cod, salad, two deli items, bread and drink. The fish was really nice with a light batter. I don't usually eat fried food in the US, but in Japan, there is much less of an oily taste. I think it's the type of oil that many places use in Japan. Possibly canola oil? I know I prefer it and use it at home. In America, corn oil is used more often. 

Everything on my plate was delicious, with bits of spice and heat in unexpected but nice ways. Tsukemono pickles were topped by cold curried shrimp. Amazing taste! koé green is located at koé house, 2 Chome-9-19 Jiyugaoka, Meguro City.

Finishing my dinner, I went for a short walk. To La Vita.

I think I arrived at a perfect time, with the moon rising in the sky and the sun setting.

La Vita is a little area in Jiyugaoka where the architectural design is based on Venice.

It is only one block in size, but the photos make it seem much bigger. In part because of all the details like the lights and moldings. Even Roman goddess Diana is there hunting. Nice timing with the moon showing up in the sky.

Besides the architecture reminding me of Venice, there is a little bridge over a canal and a gondola.

The canal doesn't go any where and is very shallow. But it is picturesque and a number of people were busy taking selfies there.

It was dark when I made it back to Jiyugaoka Station, which is why I noticed this very creative illumination in the shape of a Gothic arch.


Besides the sakura pink lights in the trees, red and pink rose lights covered the arch.


Along with these other rose lights that changed color.

Before I left Jiyugaoka, I did stop at a couple little shops by the station. I had heard of Cafe&Cake Mozart, and there was a little store outside the station.

So I bought their little chocolate chocolate chip and nut cookies. I think the nuts were almond. These were very nice. Cake&Cafe Mozart's address is Front Exit Jiyugaoka Station, 30, Meguro City.

Being that Jiyugaoka is a place that has a more European style to it, it was not surprising that there was a Dalloyau Paris shop there. Of course I had to get a few macarons. Left to right is chocolate, chocolate orange, and pistachio. I had asked for and pointed to the season special, pistachio with peppermint, but I was given the regular pistachio macaron. Other than that, they were delicious! Crispy outside, creamy inside. Their macarons are a little smaller than I've seen elsewhere, but nicely made. Dalloyau Paris address is 2-chōme-11-2 Jiyūgaoka, Meguro City.

No comments:

Post a Comment