Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Milky Way on a Rainy Day

This day was full of rain. So I stayed in Ikebukuro. First stop was Closet Child. I was able to get a decent photo of where the store is, in case anyone is wondering. They still have a lot of clothing but their music section is getting smaller. Closet Child's address is 1-20-50, Higashi-ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, 170-0013.

I went to UNIQLO and maybe another store this day. There are a couple UNIQLO stores in the area. The store on Sunshine 60 dori is laid out so it's easy to see the different items for sale. The store in Tobu Department Store has more stock. While most tourist go there for their collaboration shirts, I have found nice solid color tops and sweaters.

Following that I decided lunch needed to happen. And there was a place I had noticed on prior trips. Milky Way.

Their displays of drinks and parfaits with stars is adorable. Star themed stuff? Yes, I like it.

Upstairs they had an even bigger food display. It's not all parfaits there. 

True to the Milky Way theme, the cafe is decorated in blue and white with stars. 


  The parfaits also echo the star theme. 13 constellations that don't exactly correspond with astrology since they added Ophiuchus, which isn't a traditional astrological sign. I do wonder also about "Please only find your star". I say, order whatever parfait you want. The parfaits are popular. Most of the people there were enjoying them.

I however, wanted lunch. So I ordered the chicken herb pita. 


This was a really tasty sandwich and not too filling. I enjoyed the little french fries also.

For a drink, I picked the "Blue Hawaii flavor" frozen drink. It did taste like a Blue Hawaii, of course without the alcohol. (If they used Blue Curaçao, there would be some alcohol. It is a liqueur. I don't know what regulations are in Japan about using it without stating that.) I liked the star shaped glass. I don't know how easy they are to clean, but they are actually easier to hold than a round glass. And the star shape is pretty.

That was a nice visit to the Milky Way. Even though it was crowded, their servers were very good. The address for the Milky Way Parfait Terrace Cafe is 2F Fujiki Building, 1-12-8 Higashi-ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo 170-0013. And their website is http://milkyway-cafe.sakura.ne.jp/

I wish I could remember the store these wonderful large porcelain deer were on display. Usually I take a photo of the sign of the store.

It was another childhood memory. I had these deer in a much smaller size back then. It's interesting to see them life size.

One last place I stopped at before getting out of the rain. Takase Bakery. I couldn't resist getting a few things.

This little pizza bread with cheese and onions was delicious. 

I was happy that they had scones! Really good scones, fluffy and not grainy. Takase Bakery started in 1930. They have a couple locations. The one I stopped at has a dining area upstairs but I did not check that out. The bakery shop was a little run down, but the people working there were quickly refilling the cases because there were many customers. It was obvious that people love this bakery. I think the location I stopped at is at 1-1-4, Higashi-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, 170-0013. Takase's website is https://takase-yogashi.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment