Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Gold under Blue at Kishimojin

Another beautiful day. The day after Todoroki I was planning on doing something in the evening. So I didn't go far from where I was staying in Ikebukuro. 

I did take the Fukutoshin Line, one stop to Zoshigaya. It's a handy train to take instead of the Yamanote Line to some places.

I was thinking about ginkgo trees. So I visited Kishimojin Temple. 

I wrote about Kishimojin Temple here  http://blukats.blogspot.com/2019/05/kishimojin-temple-in-zoshigaya.html. So I'm just sharing a few detail photos I took.

 Along with that gold under the blue sky. 





I did find 鬼子母神像, Daikokuten's shrine, this time. Daikokuten is one of the Seven Lucky Gods. It's right next to the Owl Bench. Since it was open I took a peek inside. Daikokuten is known as the God of Great Darkness and yes his statue was black.

It is not part of the candy store. Kami-kawaguchiya was open and the owner, Uchiyama-san was there. She is very nice and speaks very good English. I may have ended up in this guy's video btw. 

The chocolate 500 yen coin I bought from her. I couldn't resist getting something. 

As for the ginkgo tree I wanted to see, it was this one. 

The huge tree that resides at the temple. This time it was golden with autumn color. It is thought to be around 700 years old.

 I walked through areas that I visited last time. I didn't have a photo of the Jizo statues.

The vermilion Shinto torii were beautiful against the gold leaves. 





And just a look back at Kishimojin and the many people who go there.

No comments:

Post a Comment