Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Roses in December

If you have read my blog posts about Japan before, you might know that the path from Hiratsuka-jinja leads to here. Kyu-Furukawa and it's grand house and gardens.

I've been here before and wasn't planning to visit on my trip but then I read that their roses were still blooming. In December.

So of course I wanted to visit their rose garden once again. While there were less roses, there were also less people in the rose garden.

With the beautiful blue sky, it made for lovely photo opportunities.





And just beyond the roses was the color of autumn in Japan. Which I will get to in my next post. But for now I am skipping ahead to the end of my visit here.

Because once again I wanted to treat myself to something nice. And seeing a bit of the inside of this lovely place is very nice.

I was amused that they offered me the same table I sat at the first time I had tea at Kyu-Furukawa. It is a very nice place to sit and relax.

With beautiful views of the garden. I imagine it must have been very comforting to live here and look out at all that greenery and smell the scent of roses in bloom.

This time I was lucky, they had cake. Orange cake with Darjeeling tea. I would have liked Earl Grey tea with this cake but they didn't have it. Still, it was a lovely moment which I very much enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment