Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Hiroshima TAU Ginza Oyster Bar

One of my favorite places to visit for dining and shopping in Tokyo is Hiroshima brand shop TAU (pushuu~).  So when I read that they were going to have a oyster bar...

Of course I had to check it out. Don't let this case fool you, they had a lot of oysters. Along with a lot of customers.

The good thing was that it wasn't just one weekend. And they have held an oyster bar for a few years now, because it is popular. The oysters offered come from the Hiroshima part of the Seto Inland Sea.

I went for the tasting of three oysters. The lemon also came from Hiroshima. The first oyster was from Etajima-cho, Etajima-shi. Miura-san's oysters. I remember it had a briny flavor. As for the sparkling wine, it was a chardonnay from Hiroshima. Villaqua, produced from Japanese grapes by Miyoshi Winery.

The flavor of the wine was light and lovely. It was a good choice to go with the oysters. The second oyster was from Suzuki Farm in Higashino, Osakikamijima-cho. They are called Claire oysters and are aged which gives them a sweet and rich taste. This was definitely a flavorful oyster. I could taste the sweetness.

However my favorite oyster was Z.  The Z oysters came from フルスイout of Akitsu-cho, Higashihiroshima City. Since I could not find a Romaji version of their name, it could be Furusai or Full Sai. It's the problem with unusual katakana words. As for the oyster, I did find that it was really delicious. I definitely would go for enjoying this again.

Three oysters wasn't enough for dinner, so after a little shopping I came back to try the Kanazawa fried oysters. 

These were amazing! Definitely the best fried oysters I have eaten. Tender and tasty. I wish I could have some now. And there was a second glass of Villaqua sparkling chardonnay. Because it was also very good.

I bought a couple things that night. Along with this ginjo sake from Nakao Sake Brewery. They have been brewing sake in Hiroshima since 1871 and they became renowned for using their original apple yeast when creating their sake.

Besides it being a very nice sake, the bottle came with a sake cup in this beautiful vivid blue. That was the reason I picked this sake out of all of the sake sold at TAU. Plus it was a really good sake.

So besides getting to try delicious Hiroshima oysters, wine and sake, I tried something else new that night. I discovered the Yurakucho Line train has a station right by the store. Ginza-itchome Station is under the street at Hiroshima TAU. TAU's address is Ginza Ueichi Building 1-chōme-6-10 Ginza, Chuo City, Tōkyō-to 104-0061. 

No comments:

Post a Comment