Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Exploring Zoshigaya

Because I had started from Zoshigaya Station, I was able to see a bit more of the area right there. This simple storefront for アルテリア・ベーカリー 雑司が谷店 , arteria bakery, really put the focus on their "delicious melon pan".

Near there is a picturesque shopping street. 鬼子母神大門 けやき並木 , Kishimojin Daimon Keyakinamiki, which would be a name for a gate for Kishimonjin Temple, and Keyakinamiki Street. It is popular with it's Showa era architecture and shops. The trees are zelkova and there are a couple that are over 600 years old.

Nearby trees were changing color including what looks like a pomegranate tree.  

It was a few weeks before Christmas and of course stores had displays. This one made me stop not because of odd assortment of figures, but that Santa. I had something very similar as a child. Along with a couple reindeer blow-ups.  

I headed back towards Ikebukuro, towards the Owl Road and the walkway lined with sakura trees. 

This is the road to the many temples between Zoshigaya and Iekbukuro. Still have to wait to see these sakura in bloom. 

 I stopped at 観静院, Kanjoin or Kansei-in Temple. I've seen it spelled both ways online. 

 Where I paid my respects to Lucky Goddess Benzaiten.
 I also stopped by 真乗院, Shinjoin Temple, where another Lucky God, Daikokuten has a shrine.

The little Inari Shinto Shrine still well taken care of.

I wrote about both temples previously. That post is here if you would like more information about them http://blukats.blogspot.com/2019/05/kanjoin-and-shinjoin-temples.html

I didn't really have a plan, just wanted to enjoy the afternoon and see some autumn color. So I revisited 威光山法明寺, Ikosan Homyoji Temple and it's Sanmon Gate. 



If you would like more information about this temple, I wrote about it here http://blukats.blogspot.com/2019/05/ikosan-homyoji-temple.html 

Besides seeing the Hondo at the temple, there were cats. 


 Heading back towards Zoshigaya Station there was a Jizo statue. This one is more likely to be for travelers.

A little different architecture for the area is the 東京フード製菓中医薬専門学校, Tokyo Food Seika Chuiyaku Senmongakkou, or Tokyo Life Science College. It's a culinary school that also teaches about health and beauty aspects of food, among other things. Their neo-classical styled building really stands out.

It may have been December but camellias were still beautifully blooming. 

Another Zoshigaya kitty.  

It was a lovely day to be out walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment