Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, January 3, 2020

In the Ravine

It would be hard to top my day at the beautiful Kyu-Furukawa Gardens, but I found a place the next day that was just as amazing. To do that, I took a train to Todoroki Station in Setagaya.

I walked a little ways through the nice neighborhood there. I might share photos from that later. For now, I was following signs and more to the place I wanted to see. Like this paver featuring the "Gorufu" Golf Bridge. 

 And here is the top of that bridge with lots of luxurious trees.

There was a map of the area and a temperature gauge. For the temperature up there, and down below. 

So was was down below? I had to go down these stone stairs. 

And what was down there was amazing. 

A blue green waterway surrounded by lush greenery. 

While there was stonework and other paving materials for the path, unlike a lot of the rivers in Tokyo, the Yazawa River is allowed breathing space while it flows through the Todoroki Valley. 

There were little waterfalls and over 30 springs feed water into the river. 

So many trees overhead. This place felt a little like a land lost in time. 

The serenity of the valley is not like anything I've experienced in Tokyo. It's a world away from the concrete and crowds. Yet it is not far from all that. 

There were bridges to cross when needed. 


And bridges for roads above to cross the valley. 

The stonework varied along the river. Perhaps changing due to the era each was placed there? 


There were various styles of bridges also. 

Some led to interesting places. I'll share that in another post or two. 


The valley finally tapers off into a neighborhood. 

But since the train station was at the other end, I walked back through the valley. 





 Did I mention ducks were also enjoying this beautiful place?




Back to where I started. But not without a few detours along the way. And a trip afterwards for dinner and more sightseeing. Which I will share in a couple more posts. For now, I can say that the Todoroki Valley is now one of my favorite places in Tokyo. I hope I can return again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment