Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Welcome to Harajuku Dori

It was March 19th and despite the shows being postponed, I wanted to celebrate a little. My day started with a package from Wunderwelt Fleur being delivered to my hotel. The beautiful Moi-même-Moitié Jewelry and Roses Eyeglass Case turned out to be even nicer than I imagined, and both style of cleaning cloths were included. I found out last year that having my orders sent to my hotel was very helpful. So it was like getting a present this day.

But I wasn't going to spend the day in my hotel. Because this day called for cake. So I headed to Harajuku. I was curious how people and businesses were handling creating safety from the virus. I stopped by Laforet, where they left the doors open so customers didn't have to touch the handles. This also allowed better air circulation in the store. Which does help. There were also fewer shoppers. 

I then went into the little streets behind Laforet. I always find something interesting along these Harajuku alleys. This time it was Casa Mozart.

Down a pretty street full of greenery and up a flight of stairs and I had arrived at this little cafe. A European feeling next to the very busy Takeshita Dori.  

It is a lovely feeling to sit out here in the open air. 

I was going to spoil myself today. So it was Gentle Blue Earl Grey tea and strawberry shortcake. 

 This was a little different that the usual style of strawberry shortcake, but it was still delicious. 

After my tea and cake, I made the mistake of going into Takeshita Dori. Usually packed with tourists, they had been replaced by Japanese middle and high school students. While Japan had shut down all the schools because they did not want children being in large groups, they didn't consider the fact that the older kids would still want to be in large groups. So instead of being supervised in class rooms, they were congregating in places like Takeshita Dori and Sunshine 60 Dori in Ikebukuro. The school closure did not make a difference, to be honest. And many were not wearing masks. Personally, I felt nervous being there, and quickly made my way out of the crowd.

Thankfully there are lots of less crowded places in Harajuku. Just across the main road there is Harajuku Dori. With lots of little cool shops and restaurants. And a lot less people.

One of my favorite stores was open. Bloody Mary. The atmosphere created by the interior design is gothic wonderfulness. One of these days I will buy a piece of jewelry from them. It is just really hard to chose.

I was more in a window shopping mood. And there was fun stuff to see. Like this Ai Yazawa Trapnest shirt from "Nana". 

Nice to walk through here. Besides there being space, most people were wearing face masks. I was also wearing a mask. 


I found Reissue again, but I did not stop in. When times are safer, I want to visit again. 

Gothic fashion shop Noble Noire is here also. They put on the Harajuku Gothic Walk, this time with everyone wearing gothic masks. 

I may have posted a photo of this jacket in a past post? I also saw a guy wearing a black with blue roses shirt during my trip. Very pretty. I was envious.

My stroll along Harajuku Dori got me in the mood to visit another shop. It was a place I've never been to before. That will be my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment