Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Sightseeing in Shinjuku

Strangely, I'd never been to the infamous Golden Gai in Shinjuku. And I wanted to walk, so I headed in that direction. 

I expected a lot of bars and the rest that is found in entertainment districts. I didn't expect to find this long path through greenery. 

Something I like about Tokyo is the effort that is made to create green spaces like this. Some like this one have a feeling going back to when they were created. 

Of course outside of the path the view was more like I expected for the area. 

I can say I also didn't expect this child blowing a horn while riding a snail. 

Along with the other child riding a dolphin. 

Bar Shuten Doji caught my eye. 

I decided to grab photos of a couple live houses. A lot of music history has happened at Shinjuku LOFT. Most MALICE MIZER fans are familiar with it through those old videos. 

Another place popular for live music, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN.

Heading back towards the train stations, I spied something on the top of this building. 

Yes, that is the Shinjuku Toho Building with Godzilla on top. 

Great sign placement as Godzilla towers above it, red eyes glowing. 

There were a lot more people near Shinjuku Station, including more who were not wearing masks. This was March 23rd. 

I was avoiding that station so I headed back to Shinjuku-sanchome Station. I took a photo of MUJI along the way, in part because they now have a store in Portland, Oregon. 

Back in my hotel room, where I had the seventh floor all to myself, I enjoyed the pretty reflection of the sky on the building across from my room. 

Izakaya in the time of the virus. I picked up a few things at the little shops near exit C6 in Ikebukuro Station. Chicken karaage and potato salad. Very good with Sapporo Black Label beer.

Along with chirashi from Midori Sushi. Also very good. 

The local 7-Eleven was selling the little Kit Kats individually. This was great since I didn't want to buy the big bags just to try different ones. 

Something I had ordered while in Japan arrived. I was using my iPhone a lot more, and of course the battery usage was more. Along with my laptop no longer working and previously experiencing a major disaster while in Japan, I decided an external battery would be a good idea. So I made use of the opportunity to get the Moi-même-Moitié battery, along with a new case for my iPhone. It was on sale and allowed for free shipping.


No comments:

Post a Comment