Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Suitengu Shinto Shrine

The other reason for my long walk through Ikebukuro that day was to avoid Sunshine 60 Dori because I wanted to go to Tomad's. Because people were still creating crowds there. I will have photos in a later post. After Tomad's I stopped for something to eat. This view, I've also posted from here before.

Because it's MOS Burger. A little comfort food for the times.

First time in MOS Burger where the person taking my order didn't understand anything I said or what I was pointing at on their menu. I think by this time many in Japan thought all the tourists fled the country. Although I was trying to speak Japanese and pointing at their picture menu...still the onion rings were good.

I ended up with their teriyaki tempura shrimp on a rice bun. It was different, and good.

One other place to share from this long walk. It is also in Ikebukuro, near the train station.

It is Suitengu Shinto Shrine, 池袋水天宮.

It is a small shrine without much around it, except for lovely trees and these interesting four Jizo statues.

Suitengu Shinto Shrine is surrounded by mostly concrete at the Ekimae Park, 池袋駅前公園, next to the train tracks. The shrine isn't old, having been built in 1933.

The other noticeable thing at the small park is the sakura trees. While most people just walk through the space on their way to or from the station, a few were looking up and enjoying the beautiful trees.


It's not a very big park and there isn't much else there except for concrete and people smoking or meeting up. But it was nice at this time in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment