Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Shirohige's Cream Puff Factory

Fukumuro-an was a hit. The next place I tried to go to was a miss. I found the place, in Daita, Setagaya.

My feet were not happy with me but I made it through the construction at the train station, finding my way in different direction because the construction closed off the exit I wanted, and going down Daita's suburb streets. Even with all the newer houses, there were still hints of older architecture along these narrow roads.

Including an Inari Shinto shrine. Sadly I can not find the name on it on maps. If I go back again, I will take better notes on it. The kanji under the kitsune may be "offering" and "service". It's a nice little shrine.

There were a few flowers blooming like this pretty camellia. 

In fact I did really well finding this place. No wrong turns.

In case you are wondering, that is a Ghibli inspired sign.

As are other signs.

Because this is Shirohige's Cream Puff Shop. Or Shiro-Hige as it is written on their website. Which is owned by Hayao Miyazaki's sister-in law. Which is why they have Totoro in residence.

So why was this a miss? Because it was Tuesday. And that other sign, at the very bottom where it is worn away, says they are closed on Tuesday. Maybe I will have to try again one day. In case you want to visit them, Shiro-Hige's website is here http://www.shiro-hige.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment