Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, August 20, 2018

Dining at Fukumuro-an Ten Years Later

I'm glad my memory is still working. 

Because I remembered where a place was, a place I went to ten years ago.

Even though back then I did not write down the name. That was back before Google maps was more thorough in noting the names of places in different countries.

But their front window had not changed too much. Just had more there.

And the furniture looked the same.

So I sat down at Fukumuro-an in Gotokuji. One more time. Ten years later.

Looks like they have a few known fans. Sorry I can't read the signatures.

The server there was amazed that I had been there ten years ago. She went to tell the chef. He was happy too, gave me a couple local guides. It was really nice being able to say a few words with them and share smiles.

Of course Fukumuro-an also enjoys the local maneki neko theme. Hot tea served up in tea pot that resembles Chi.

I decided to splurge a little since it was my next to last day in Japan. Duck soba. It was really good.
I definitely recommend Fukumuro-an if you ever find yourself in Gotokuji. They have been serving noodles for a very long time. The Fukumuro-an's website is here http://www.fukumuroan.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment