Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Shibuya Sakura Walk

One of the things that I love about Japan is that I am always discovering new things. And sometimes they are really good. Like this. My reason for coming to this part of Shibuya was to visit the costume museum. What I did not know was there was this walk way near by, filled with blooming sakura trees. 

The Yoyogi Green Road isn't the prettiest place. While there is a playground for kids, the couple of people there not walking were busy smoking. Uninspiring buildings surround it. But overhead, a canopy of delicate blossoms.




 The bit of green is a welcome relief in this area of concrete and glass. So why is this walkway here? This use to be an open stream, the Tamagawa Old Waterway. I'm going to guess that it is now underground like so many other Tokyo area waterways.






 Besides this wonderful walk, I discovered a couple other interesting things here. Some of that will be in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment