Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, August 6, 2018

Going Back to a Place I've Never Been to Before

Only a few days left of my trip and there was one place I wanted to visit, and another I wanted to revisit. Sort of. So I made it to Shinjuku Station and successfully found the exit I wanted without getting lost. The exit was to Shibuya. Where I discovered a glass pyramid, a tiny version of the Louve Pyramid in Paris. In the distance, the NTT Docomo Yoyogi Building in Shinjuku. Confused yet? 

Where I was at was right on the edge of Shibuya, next to Shinjuku. And while there was a place I wanted to see, I first needed to eat. So I stopped at Cafe Veloce. Not the same location as the one that helped me out back in March, 2011 but it is the same company. 

Following the March 11th disasters, most places did not have any food available. Thankfully Cafe Veloce in the Minato area stayed open and had take out sandwiches. Really was a great help for this stuck in Japan visitor.

Menu wasn't quite the same but then it's been a number of years. 

Cute little black cats to hang on your drink. But to get one required a stamp card and so many purchases. I didn't have enough time to try. 

While they didn't have the teriyaki chicken sandwiches that I enjoyed back in 2011, they did have another version.

Teriyaki chicken with lotus root. It was interesting. Their food was still good and fresh. And it was just meaningful to me to be back. I didn't realize how difficult it was for me to return to Japan after the Great Tohoku Disaster. So in a way, this was another step in working with those memories.

Next will be a post with sakura. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment