Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A Stroll in the Dark at Rikugien

My last night in Japan I decided to do something I had wanted to do for a very long time. I went to a place lit by lanterns topped with camellias.

Rikugien Garden. A very popular place that night. So many people there, many on dates. And in line to buy tsukimi, round mochi which is popular for full moon viewing. Which was also happening at that time.

Along with sakura snow cones.

Along with sakura dyed clothing.

At night the garden was a bit spooky. I tried to take photos but the lack of light made them a bit blurry. Still it was interesting to see the garden at night.

Rocks on far shores looked like people.

The branches of the pine trees took on new form.

Barely lit bridges felt secluded from view.

Water falls took on a cobweb appearance.

Delicate flowers paled at night.

However there was another reason why everyone was at Rikugen.

The reason for lighting the garden. These trees on the shore of the pond.

Meanwhile, under the moonlight I had new appreciation of form of the pine trees.


My next post will be about those other trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment