Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, August 23, 2018

N'EX Time

Since I stayed in Ikebukuro for the last part of my visit to Tokyo, I decided to take a different train to Narita. The Narita Express. I bought a ticket ahead of time to reserve a seat. Boarding was fairly easy. From Ikebukuro to Tokyo Station it follows the same route as the Yamanote Line. So I was able to get a decent photo of Shinjuku on the way.

And one more of Shinjuku with the Studio Alta building.

I probably didn't need to pay the extra for the reserved seat since the cars were not full. Most of the people in my car were from Taiwan. Not much to see in the train itself but it was very comfortable.

Getting to see sakura along the track made me wish I wasn't leaving. And yes, there is more graffiti every time I visit.

Shibuya looked a little more generic from the train.

More sakura trees. It was full on bloom by this day.


Good old Yamanote Line train.

Sky Tree off in the distance.

This is either the Arakawa or the Naka river.

Baseball fields along the Edogawa River.

Finally at Narita International Airport waiting for my plane. Time for tea.

Along with one of those little blueberry pies from Boulangerie Asanoya.

Long flight back but not as bad as the last long flight back. Flying into Los Angeles International Airport over the Channel Islands off of California. That's San Miguel Island. It's owned by the US Navy but people can visit if they fill out the permits and follow the National Park Service rules.

To the right is a little bit of Santa Rosa Island and left is Santa Cruz Island. Santa Rosa Island is open to visitors but Santa Cruz Island is mostly a nature reserve.

So that was my trip to Tokyo. Although I was not done traveling. After getting a connecting flight back to Portland, Oregon, I rested for a day and then drove up to Seattle, Washington. My next post will have a little bit from that trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment