Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, August 10, 2018

Potohar Curry in Shibuya

Heading back to Shinjuku Station, I couldn't help but notice this colorful restaurant. 

Since it was after lunch and some time since I ate at Cafe Veloce, I decided to check it out. 

The name of the place is Potohar and it's hard to miss it's very colorful exterior. The flag on their overhead is the flag for India. 

So of course they serve curry. The curry set looked good. 

Even better was the lunch sets. Which was still available. 

The interior was even more colorful, if that was possible. 

I sat down, being the only person in there, and ordered that lunch set. Which started with soup and salad. 

Followed by a very large and very fresh piece of naan bread, rice and the chicken yogurt curry. The naan was fresh, baked while I waited for my food. 

Not only was the food good, but I also had a very pleasant conversation with the owner and chef. He offered me a cup of chai at the end of my meal while we talked. I mentioned I made coconut curry with salmon and he said I have to come back for dinner and try their coconut curry with fish. 

Potohar was an enjoyable surprise. If I had more time this trip, I would have come back for dinner. But with only a day or two left, I had other places I wanted to get to. I do recommend dining here if you are in the area and in the mood for curry. Small place but they are open very late at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment