Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, August 13, 2018

Going to Gotokuji

 Ever wonder what it is like to look out the engineer's window of a train in Japan? I just happened to end up in the last car of the train this day so I took a quick photo. Yeah that's the Yamanote train there.
Which I took to Shinjuku Station, changed trains and ended up here. Which looked just like it did ten years ago.

 Here was Gotokuji.

The inside of the station was different, but going outside, the Denny's was still there. 

More vibrant signage was happening on other buildings. 

But looking up, there they were. Cats. Very happy dancing festival going cats. 

Musical cats. 

And just cats and paws on poles. 

The area still had that Tokyo suburban feel. Florists offering hydrangeas, forecasting what was to come. 

And sakura branches for now. 

As I walked I saw vivid flowers blooming. 

And cats. This time in the shape of an older looking bench 

The shop where I bought a few things ten years ago was still there. I stopped in again. 

I remembered this door! But now it had a yakitori booth in front of it. 

 Ten years ago it looked like this.

From what I could see, it looks almost the same now. 

So why was I back in this cat filled town? For a couple reasons.

One was to visit this place again. Gotokuji Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment