Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Welcome to Todoroki and La Fée Délice

Let me share a couple photos from around Todoroki Station and the Valley.  

These are from December 2019 and March 2020. It's a sweet neighborhood area. 

And this. Hang out long enough in Tokyo and you will find yourself at a Seijo Ishii Supermarket. I've been to various ones, Ikebukuro, Tokyo Dome LaQua, and beyond. I think for the traveler it's a good place to find the familiar and more. 

But they aren't all the same. Because the only store I could find the Nordqvist Moomins teas is in Todoroki. They have a flavored black tea set, and this fun rooibos tea of four tastes.  Other Seijo Ishii stores may have it, but I've yet to see it outside of Todoroki. Good excuse to go there.

I wanted to continue the good feelings that being in the Todoroki Valley created. So I headed back to Shibuya and La Fée Délice. 

There is a lovely ambiance created here. 

My seat on the right when I came here to celebrate a birthday. The map table was a nice touch.

Inside, the restaurant is warm and inviting. 

Intimate seating while the doors were open to invite in fresh breezes. The airy feeling was nice, and also smart for our health.

 A feeling of rural yet sophisticated France.

I arrived when there were only a couple diners. Normally I would not have a thought about eating around others, but in these times, it was a feeling of reassurance. 

And why did I come back? Besides the lovely service and that my first meal there was really delicious, I wanted to try this. Galette la Sirène. Besides, isn't this a wonderful setting for dinner?

I do love a good smoked salmon. Galette la Sirène was smoked salmon on a galette crêpe with lemon sour cream sauce and salad. Yes it was as lovely to eat as it looked. It was a delightful meal. I hope that La Fée Délice will be there when I return to Tokyo. Because I want to enjoy dining there again. Until then, I think I may have to start playing with cooking crêpes again.

No comments:

Post a Comment