Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, May 26, 2020

A Birthday at Manmaru

It was tough. There are so many places I want to dine at in Tokyo. Yet it was March 27th, 2020, and worries about the virus made me think twice about that. It's why I didn't go back to Vampire Cafe and a few other places. Or try new restaurants. At least I didn't have to travel far to one of my favorites, and it is a very small restaurant with good ventilation. Has to have that because of the charcoal grills.

Yes I was back at Manmaru, with Pick Happiness sake again.

That perfect pour. I really need my own sake cup set.

Beatles' music playing and an older couple next to me celebrating one of their birthdays. He gave her a lovely watch locket that was a lot like one I have, and she gave him a beautiful blue tea bowl. So sweet!

I had not stopped thinking about that tomato.

So yes, I did get it again. And it was wonderful tasting once again. Ripe, sweet and thin skinned. A tomato grown to be eaten like this.

Of course there was grill unagi. I'm finally getting really good photos of it!

My unagi don. The miso soup is also very good at Manmaru

The celebrating couple ordered this lovely little block of cold tofu. I could not resist asking for one myself. Creamy, salty and a little sour topping with heat from the wasabi. So good.

That cup of hot tea. And my left over rice. What shall I do?

Into the bowl the tea goes. I am learning. This was the end of another "pushuu~" meal.

One last moment from Manmaru. The Beatles "Birthday" started to play. I did my best to tell the birthday couple that this song was on. They were so happy! I wished the man "Happy Birthday!" and both of them were very nice and also waved good bye as I left. It was a wonderful moment that I got to share in their birthday fun. 

Back at the hotel I enjoyed a little Kit Kat, thanks to the local 7-Eleven. It's nice not having to buy a big bag.

And a couple photos of the monaka that I got at Rikugien.

Sweet and crisp, they were like little rice macarons. Really nice treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment