Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Return to the Sakura of Hirai

March 25th found me headed through Ikebukuro Station.

Where even the plush animals were wearing face masks.

I had been thinking about where to see sakura in an uncrowded place. First however, there was lunch in a familiar place. 

Comfort food time. MOS Burger shrimp sandwich. That lemony tenderness was just as good as I remembered it.

And the onion rings! I will keep saying that MOS Burger makes really good onion rings. Crisp outside, warm and delicious onion inside. 

So where was I? On a sidewalk distracted by this fun skeleton signage.

I was back in 平井, Hirai.

Where I was last year. Headed to 旧中川, the Kyunaka River. 

With it's wonderful view of Tokyo Skytree tower.

While there were less people there than in some other sakura viewing locations, there were groups and families there.

Still, the views of sakura were wonderful.

And there was enough space to safely enjoy the beautiful trees.

So the rest of this post will be just photos of the lovely views of sakura.













No comments:

Post a Comment