Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, May 29, 2020

Something about Shipping from Japan

Like a lot of people, I've been buying from companies in Japan for years. And because of the Coronavirus, a lot has changed. When I returned from Japan I decided to get a few things that I wanted, because I didn't know how shipping would be in the future, or how companies would be. I knew the lack of commercial flights might impact shipping. What I didn't expect was Japan Post to stop sending packages out of the country.

 The first thing I got after I returned from Japan was a music box. The MALICE MIZER "merveilles" box set. The seller first sent it via Japan Post, but after a month, they decided to request it to be returned to them. They let me know they would be sending it by Fed Ex.

That was really great that the seller did that. The shipping by Fed Ex went smoothly and I was really happy to get this amazing item. Besides the CDs and music box, it also came with DVDs of MALICE MIZER performances. So I can say that Fed Ex took a few days to get here and there was tracking, and that this is a wonderful MALICE MIZER set to go with my other music box.

For over a year I translated and posted online the Moi-même-Moitié features in Gothic Lolita Bible. Early April I decided to get a few more issues that I didn't have. The seller was about to mail the magazines when Japan Post stopped accepting packages to be mailed overseas. The seller told me no problem, and mailed the magazines by DHL.

I had also purchased a few things through a shopping service at that time. The shopping service wasn't going to mail them, but when I got back to them a couple weeks ago, they said they could send by DHL. The cost was more but I had been waiting over a month. So I went ahead and had my Moi dix Mois cds, book and flag from Midi:Nette mailed. DHL is the fastest service, but they are expensive. 

I've also ordered a few things from Moi-même-Moitié. They, like the shopping service, offer to hold the items till Japan Post ships again. Given that I still have two packages sitting in Japanese post offices for over a month, I opted for the other shipping method that Moitié offers. I will say one Japan Post EMS package finally arrived today, but the other two, who knows when they will finally leave Japan. (Updating this to say my other EMS package did finally arrive. The registered mail package from an eBay seller has not)

The other shipping option is Yamato Transport. The cost is more than Japan Post, but for purchases over 50,000 yen, it is possible the cost will be covered by the free shipping that Moitié/WunderWelt offers. So it's either purchasing that amount, or perhaps combining purchases with someone you know to reach that amount. In the US, Yamato hands off the packages to UPS. I like the online truck tracker that UPS now has. I can tell where the truck is and see when it's near my home.

I just wanted to mention the new Bat Collar Shirts. They are made with a special paisley fabric because Mana loves paisley prints. And they are gorgeous! The fabric is like a brocade and the way the light reflects off of the fabric is beautiful. The blue color is amazing, this is now my favorite Moi-même-Moitié shirt. I happened to find a sticker I got at Sakura Con, so I couldn't resist using it in the photo. 

The other items in the photos are the Cross Arch Arm Covers, which I really like this style. It stays up well and looks nice. And the new Coffin Lace Chokers, which are really long and can be used in various ways beside worn as a neck choker.

 I also got another shirt and the Blue Jewel Mask Case. My Face Mask is still at a Saitama post office. And the Bat Cloak, which I had wanted since it came out. It's a comfort item, for these stay home times. And possibly a late night stroll when the moon is full.

So it is best to check the shipping services sellers offer before purchasing. While Japan Post has resumed accepting EMS packages to some countries, it can take time to receive what you purchased. You can check Japan Post news updates here to see the status of shipping to your country https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/index_en.html

No comments:

Post a Comment