Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Todoroki's Japanese Garden and Yazawa River

Since my last visit to Todoroki Valley was in autumn, I decided to walk through the Japanese Garden again. This time it was spring so the views would be different. 

The garden is mostly on slopes of the gorge so there are more steps through the pleasant greenery. 

This time I really enjoyed walking through the tall bamboo. Different from walking under tall pine trees, but just as nice. The sounds of the wind through the bamboo was wonderful.

Besides being a very nice strolling garden, the Todoroki Japanese Garden is a working garden with orange trees and other fruit and vegetables. It was originally designed in 1973. 

Since I wrote about this garden and the shrine to Buddhist Priest Kobo Daishi before, I will just share a photo of the chobubashi with camellias floating in it. 

Back out onto the walkway along the Yazawa River. 

At times, I felt like I was the only one here. Having the gorge all to myself, the feeling was of timelessness. To have all this space with the river and greenery, it was amazing.



The view from under the Tamazawa Bridge. 



The work on the promenades and riverbank protection was done between 1933 and 1936.

The use of river rock does make the walkways feel integrated with the valley and river. 


Golf Bridge is in sight. 



One last look before heading out of the gorge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment