Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, May 18, 2020

A Breath of Springtime at Rikugien Garden

March 26th, it was time for some serious sakura viewing. So off I went. On the way I passed by ろぜしろ道り, which translates to Rosé White Street. 

My destination however, was one of the best known for sakura gardens in Tokyo. 

Besides that, 六義園, Garden in Bunkyo is famous for being one of the most beautiful Edo style strolling gardens, with lush trees and sparkling water features.

In 2018 I had visited Rikugien at night because they light up the sakura trees. 

It was extremely crowded. Because of the virus, the garden was not holding the night time viewings. So I did not know how crowded it would be during the day. If it was bad, I planned on not staying. 

Thankfully the garden was very uncrowded. Even around the beautiful weeping sakura tree. And almost everyone was wearing a mask. It made my time in the garden relaxing and enjoyable.

And what a beautiful tree it is.











I looked forward to seeing the rest of the garden, since I had only been there before at night, and much was hidden in the dark. I hope to share a bit of this lovely place in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment