Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Sakura of Owl Road

There was a reason I decided to eat in the Azuma area of Ikebukuro. Even though the weather was gloomy, I still wanted to see sakura. So I walked past 威光稲荷堂, Inari Shinto Shrine.

Past the stone with it's little cat image.

Besides cats, this part of Ikebukuro, Minami-Ikebukuro and Zoshigaya, has become a favorite place of mine for seeing sakura.

Because the little Owl Road has beautiful sakura trees that line the way to the shrines and temples there.

Along with the sakura at the temples and shrines.

I stopped at 観静院, Kanjoin or Kansei-in Temple, to pay my respects to Benzaiten. Of course seeing the sakura there was also a part of this.







威光山法明寺, Ikosan Homyoji Temple and it's Sanomon Gate were amazing.




I told myself at the beginning of this trip that I would see these trees in bloom. I think I said that also last year when I was here. Honestly, it is so beautiful and I am glad I did see them.


Even the grey skies could not subdue the beauty of these trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment