Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, June 15, 2020

Jiyu Gakuen Myonichikan and Frank Lloyd Wright

I decided I wanted to see more of Japan in the snow. So off I went for a walk. 

I decided to head in a direction that I had gone before. Spring flowers were competing with the snow.

With Japanese aesthetics appearing even in concrete.  

When I reached my first destination, the beautiful sakura trees grabbed my attention. 

The second thing I noticed was this lovely long building standing stately in the snow. 

For this isn't just any building, but one of the few in Japan that was designed by architect Frank Lloyd Wright. 

This is自由学園明日館, Jiyu Gakuen Miyonichikan's The House of Tomorrow. 

I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to photograph more. So, more sakura. 



And more of the Prairie School designed school. Which was the original purpose of the four buildings here.




More of the sakura, which gracefully frames this historical building with it's amazing windows. It feels just right in this space. 


Nowadays there are weddings and various events here. The facilities can be rented for filming, concerts and more. 


Across the street is the auditorium. 

 Where it is easier to get a closer look at the design details.

I could have stayed longer, but there was more I wanted to see. One place that I did not think would be open because of the virus and the snow. But I was going to take a chance. Would I be lucky this day?

No comments:

Post a Comment