Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

March Snow Day in Ikebukuro

March 29th and my time in Tokyo was almost up. What would I do this day? 

I thought about this as I enjoyed a sakura dorayaki. 

And watched the rain turn to snow. 

Between places closing because of Covid-19 and my not wanting to be in crowded enclosed places during this time, the snow limited my choices even more. 

But it was fun to see this. I had been in an ice snow mix storm in Ueno, but this was much nicer to see. 

Enough snow fell to build up a little. Sticking as we call it here. 

Finally it stopped. So I decided to get out and see a few things in the neighborhood. There was snow in the sakura tree on the left and snow in front of Lawson. And enough snow to make it slippery in places.



Snow on these pink ume plum blossoms. 

I admit there wasn't much snow on things. It was melting fast because the temperatures were above zero. But it was fun to see familiar things with a coating of snow on them. 

And despite the temperatures, there was still a bit of snow on some things. Which made me think of a couple places to visit to see how they looked dressed in white.

Part of my trip outside was to get fresh food. I found a good local market. And strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment