Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Back to Enshu Inari Daimyojin and More

Even though it was no longer snowing, there was enough left to make everything look different.



I passed by 延壽稲荷大明神, Inari Daimyojin while walking to my destination. I had hoped there would be more snow on the backs of the komainu.

A lot of the snow had melted but the shrine was still interesting to see again.




I also found another Shinto Inari shrine. This one is located between residential buildings, so I had to search a little to find it.


There isn't a name listed for it on Google maps, but it definitely is an older shrine.

So I do not know the kami that is enshrined here, most likely Inari as a protector of local businesses and the people who live here.

The green moss or lichen has created a strange effect with this kitsune's eyes.

There is a bit more realism of the bodies of these kitsune. I wonder if there was a kit, a baby fox with this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment