Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Remembering the Past in Aoyama

After wandering around Shibuya I headed to Aoyama. It wasn't the first time I had been there. In fact I spotted the Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurant I ate at back in March, 2011. I didn't stop there this time.

Because I wanted to see this. Which once was the Moi-même-Moitié store.

Even though the store is gone, there are still some mystical creatures around.

I wonder what it was like to visit the store. I wish I had gone back when it was here.

I have been to the Vivienne Westwood store. Back in March 2011 I bought a ring there. I still wear it, it's a favorite of mine.

I also stopped at Sabon that day. I did stop again this trip. Nice little shop that smells good.

Since it was getting late in the day, I figured dinner would be good. Can I help it that I wanted berries? So if they were surrounding a couple pancakes, is it that bad? Along with a pot of Earl Grey tea?

And not just any old pancakes but a riff on crème brûlée with caramelized sugar on top.

And a lovely custard cream in between. These nicely done but not too sweet pancakes and berries were found at Toraya Café.

Did I mention the weather was absolutely beautiful this day? Perfect for viewing Aoyama's distinctive architecture like the Ao Building. It really is angular like this.

And I found fruit. Organic also.

Even with all the modern architecture in the area, there are still hints of the past.

Including this really large tōrō, Japanese lantern, at Omote-Sando Station.

Like back in March, 2011, I bought a few things from Sabon.

A couple of their lovely bath bombs.

And a jar of their Rose Bath Salt. This made it home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment