Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Ikebukuro Eats

Since I mentioned eating at Ikebukuro Station in my last post, here's a few more things I tried while in Ikebukuro. First is a little cream puff chick that FamilyMART offered for Easter. It was actually pretty good.

Believe it or not, I've never eaten Japanese pudding. They don't sell it in the US. Given it's iconic status as an anime and manga staple, I'd thought about trying it for a few years now. 

So I finally did eat a Glico pudding. It was okay. But not something I'd eat often. Made me wishful for crème brûlée.

Something they do sell in America is Beard Papa's. The smell of freshly baked cream puffs permeated this part of Ikebukuro Station so I had to stop at least one time.  

Sorry my photos are not that great. Fun of trying to take them in a little Tokyo hotel room with not much light. But the packaging is cute. 

I ended up choosing the special which was cookies and cream. And it was good! 

I stopped at Vie en France bakery one evening. When I lived in Arcadia, California, I worked near a mall so would stop in at Vie en France for lunch occasionally. They didn't have pizza there. This was not bad for a non-pizzeria place.

Chocolate chip pastry from Vie en France. Since I didn't take up the breakfast option at the hotel. 

Another Ikebukuro Station bakery I checked out was Andersens. I've eaten pastry from them before. This was an orange pastry. Another nice choice for breakfast.

My next post will either be the bakery I went to more than the others, or a new area in Tokyo that I visited. I haven't decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment