Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, July 30, 2018

Return to Yanaka and a Visit to Chomyoji Temple

It was almost two years ago when I first visited the Yanaka Cemetery. In March this year I came back to it. 

It's a really popular place for sakura viewing. However I wanted to see a bit of Yanaka this time. 

So I ducked out and onto one of the main roads down to Yanaka. I wasn't missing out on sakura viewing with even more gorgeous trees along the way. 

Yanaka is well known for having many shrines and temples. I turned down a street and came upon this impressive gate. 

And something even more impressive when I looked through the gate. 

In fact, all thoughts of looking around the Chomyoji Buddhist Temple, 長明寺, flew out of my mind. It seems others were just as distracted. 

 Sure there was a vintage bell and a number of buildings and more there. But this tree took my breath away.


 Add to it's beauty with glimpses of a daytime crescent moon.


 And looking up was definitely a zen moment.


More from Yanaka in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment