Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Monday, July 23, 2018

Eat Your Veggies at Camp Vegetable

One of the things that I enjoyed on this trip to Tokyo was going to different places for lunch. Sometimes it was a challenge, but with lunch, people were a bit more relaxed in most places, less crowded. 

Except in Shinjuku where every place I went to was crowded. So I headed back to Ikebukuro to see what I could find in the station. Preferably less meat orientated. Thinking a vegetable stew would be nice. What I found was Camp Vegetable. Not stew but curry. But being hungry I decided to try it.

I took a seat at the counter and perused the menu. Decided to go with No. 1. Thought it would be easy but the waitress still plied me with questions. In Japanese. Interesting that this trip most people assumed I spoke fluent Japanese. I tended to just nod my head yes or no since I usually could figure out what they were saying, but being able to respond in Japanese?  それは私には難しい。

While I waited for my food I took a look around. The Camp Vegetable in Ikebukuro Station is small, like a lot of eateries. Decked out with camping gear like this cup. 

And this amusing shovel spoon. So you can dig into your food. 

And here is what I ate. Japanese vegetable curry. Which I almost finished but that was a lot of rice. As for the flavor, it was okay but really nothing stood out. It was an interesting place to eat at.

No comments:

Post a Comment