Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Mana's Beautiful World is Forever

Friday, February 7, 2020

Roses and Flames at the Vampire Cafe

Once again I found myself behind those red curtains.

Dressed for the moment, wearing my vampire shoes. Not the best photo and you can't see the wings in the back, but they are comfortable.

The reason for dining at the Vampire Cafe in Ginza? A chance to try another of the Moi-même-Moitié x Vampire Cafe collaboration menus. This time the drinks and dishes were available to the end of December 2019.

First to arrive at my table, the "The fate of the blue rose that tears and erodes the feelings of innocence", named by musician and fashion icon Mana.

A very pretty blue violet non-alcoholic drink of ramune, orange juice, pineapple juice, soda, and blue syrup. With a jelly rose on top. It didn't look quite like the menu photo but it was refreshing and nice.

The second to arrive was “Jade of temptation and blue green of grief were the bloody fate of the rose”. Also named by Mana, it was a mixed alcoholic cocktail of gin, milk, blue curaçao and gum syrup. Very cool looking glowing green drink.

I decided to order a salad to go with my main course. From the Vampire Cafe's menu I chose "Dead Forest where Bats Wander". The description was a green salad with herbs and vegetables. I wasn't sure if this would be too much since most items at the Vampire Cafe are made for two people. But it was fine for just one person. The apples were nice with the salad dressing. It was a good choice.

The main course arrived and was set on fire by Vampire Rose. “A burning melancholy goes with a scarlet rose to oblivion”, also named by Mana, was a gratin brûleé with salted kōji salmon and sweet potato. I was afraid this would be salty but it wasn't. The flavor of the salmon stood out from the rest of the ingredients, which was good.

I finished dinner with that glowing green drink. Was I drinking alone? Ah, non, non, non, I had a companion with me.

Very cool effect with the drink. However I wished there was a little less milk in it, because that was most of the flavor. Over all though, the dinner was enjoyable and with Vampire Rose as host, the Vampire Cafe is a fun place to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment